Divorce Attorney Scott J. Stadler

Terms & Conditions

If you are interested in viewing information about the lawyer/firm’s past results and testimonials about the lawyer/firm, please read and acknowledge the information below. The information in this section contains information about the lawyer/firm’s past results, testimonials about the lawyer/firm, and statements regarding the lawyer/firm’s quality. The information has not been reviewed or approved by The Florida Bar. You should know that:

The facts and circumstances of your case may differ from the matters in which results and testimonials have been provided. All results of cases handled by the lawyer/firm are not provided and not all clients have given testimonials.The results and testimonials provided are not necessarily representative of results obtained by the lawyer/firm or of the experience of all clients or others with the lawyer/firm. Every case is different, and each client’s case must be evaluated and handled on its own merits.

I acknowledge that I have read and understand the above information and would like to view the information.

I do not want to view the information.

Before you can get divorced you have to prove that you have a valid marriage. Before a marriage may be entered into in Florida, a marriage license must be obtained. The marriage must be solemnized by an ordained minister, elder, or other ordained clergy, a judicial officer, clerk of the circuit court or a notary public of the State of Florida.

In order to file for a divorce in Florida either you or your spouse must be a resident of the State of Florida for six months.

Florida is a no-fault state. This means that you do not have to prove fault of the other spouse in order to be granted a divorce. For example, you do not have to prove adultery, domestic violence, lack of financial support or any other “bad” behavior as a condition to getting a divorce. If your marriage is irretrievably broken and one spouse is a resident for six months, then you can file for a divorce in Florida.

Begin to gather copies of your financial documents. For example, obtain copies of personal and business tax returns, check books, bank statements, credit card statements, pay check stubs, W-2’s 1099’s. These documents will be necessary to review in handling your case.

Our Services

Need Help?

Please fill out the form elements below in order to contact us or call us at (954) 346-6464